This year, use these quotes for your Happy Valentine’s Day cards to let your loved ones know how you feel. If you’re struggling with what to write in your cards, simply choose from the best Valentine’s Day quotes for your partner, spouse, friends, family, and more. Love comes in all forms, and these quotes will let you show your appreciation to everyone in your life. Find the right words to write in your personalized Valentine’s day card to show your card recipients how much you love them.
What To Write In A Valentine’s Day Card
As a celebration of Valentine’s Day people exchange flowers, Valentine’s Day gifts and scribble love notes on the blank spaces of personal greeting cards. Although we express how we feel almost every other day of the year, on Valentine’s Day, it’s always more difficult to put feelings on paper. Before you begin writing your heartfelt Valentine’s message think about the person you are writing to.
Think about how the special person makes you feel and what message you want to convey to them this Valentine’s Day. Messages don’t have to be long and detailed, just simply writing a message from the heart will be a great way to show your love for the person you’re writing to. Include small and sentimental gifts that will make you’re Valentine feel more special during this holiday of love.
We’ve listed 5 steps below that will help you create the perfect Valentine’s Day cards:
- Address your Valentine. Start your message off by addressing your card recipient. Your opening phrase should reflect your relationship with whom you are writing to.
- Wish your card recipient a Happy Holiday. This is usually accomplished with a simple phrase like, “Happy Valentine’s Day!”
- Write a heartfelt message. When writing your message, speak from the heart. Add personalized touches to let your Valentine know how much you care.
- Use a quote to inspire your Valentine’s Day message. Don’t be afraid to borrow a few words from your favorite writer or poet. Valentine’s Day quotes can be very touching additions to your greeting card and go great with a box of chocolates or handmade Valentine’s Day gift.
- Sign your card with love. Use a loving closing to wrap up your Valentine’s day message and end your greeting just as it started off.
Whether you’re crafting a note for a friend, a family member or a partner, our collection of Valentine’s Day quotes will help you get started and may even inspire you. Add something more to your Valentine’s messages than “CRAZY 4U” with these Happy Valentine’s Day quotes.
Scroll through our entire collection or quickly jump to quotes perfect for your Valentine:
Happy Valentine’s Quotes
Famous authors, poets, and notable figures have been trying to put love into words for ages. When your words escape you, borrow these Happy Valentine’s quotes to make that someone special feel loved. Include these quotes to add a special touch to your Happy Valentine’s day cards to let the person know how much you were thinking of them this Valentine’s day.
- “Where there is great love, there are always wishes.” —Willa Cather
- “Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt the truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love.” —William Shakespeare
- “If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.” —Maya Angelou
- “This fire that we call Loving is too strong for human minds. But just right for human souls.” —Aberjhani
- “Most people are slow to champion love because they fear the transformation it brings into their lives. And make no mistake about it: love does take over and transform the schemes and operations of our egos in a very mighty way.” —Aberjhani
- “Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever.” —Audre Lorde
- “Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else.” —Nicholas Sparks
- “Love is when the desire to be desired takes you so badly that you feel you could die of it.” —Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
- “I won’t give up on us, even if the skies get rough.” —Jason Mraz
- “We love because he first loved us.” —1 John 4:19
- A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” —Ingrid Bergman
- “Love is being stupid together.” —Paul Valery
- “Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” —Robert Heinlein
- “Anyone can be passionate but it takes real lovers to be silly.” —Rose Franken
- “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves- alone we find it with another.” —Thomas Merton
Funny Valentine’s Day Quotes
We could all use a bit of humor every now and again, if your Valentine appreciates good humor and an even better laugh; add a few funny Valentine’s Day quotes to your message. These quotes will help you make light of the holiday with a good humor and love quote. Include these quotes on your Valentine’s Day card this year to show your Valentine the humorous side of you.
- “Words cannot expresso how much you mean to me.” —Anonymous
- “If you were a transformer you’d be Optimus Fine.” —Anonymous
- “Love is a game that two can play and both win.” —Eva Gabor
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” —Charles M. Schulz
- “On a scale of one to ten, I’d give you a nine — and I’m the one you need.” —Anonymous
- “If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.” —Anonymous
- “If you were on paper, you’d be what they call fine print.” —Anonymous
- “Do you have a Band-Aid? Because I skinned my knee when I fell for you.” —Anonymous
- “I think you are suffering from a lack of Vitamin ME.” —Anonymous
- “I’m yours, no refunds.” —Anonymous
- “There is no one I’d rather lie in bed and look at my phone next to.” —Anonymous
- “You’re the peanut butter to my jelly.” —Anonymous
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” —Rita Rudner
Valentine’s Day Quotes For Him
When you’re trying to figure out what to write in a Valentine’s Day card for him just remember to keep your message personal. Before you begin writing your message, think about why this person is special to you. You can also think about things that the two of you do together and how they wouldn’t be the same without him. You’d be surprised at how far a little personalization can go.
Use your pet name for him, jot down a list of inside jokes that only the two of you share and find some inspiration with these Valentine’s Day quotes for him.
- “My favorite place in all of the world is next to you.” —Anonymous
- “From the first time I saw you, I knew you would have my heart. Happy Valentine’s Day to the best husband I could have asked for.” —Anonymous
- “Love is more than longing gazes, dancing in the rain and candlelight dinners, but I am so glad we experience all of that and more. I love you!” —Anonymous
- “Happy Valentine’s Day to my handsome guy. I am proud to be yours and love being with you on this day and each chance we can get!” —Anonymous
- “All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name.” Andre Breton
- “And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” —The Chaos of Stars
- “I love you because you make me ridiculously happy.” —Anonymous
- “Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember, oh I put up with you. So we’re even.” —Anonymous
- “And suddenly all the love songs were about you.” —Anonymous
- “You stole my heart, but I’ll let you keep it.” —Anonymous
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” —Leo Christopher
- “I’ve never been so scared of losing something in my entire life, then again nothing in my life has ever meant as much to me as you do.” —Anonymous
- “I love that rush, when he folds me into his arms and I can let out a sigh of relief, knowing I’m safe there. Always. —Michelle Poelking
- “When I’m with you hours feel like seconds. When we’re apart, days feel like years.” —Anonymous
- “I will never forget the moment I realized I loved you.” —Anonymous
Valentine’s Day Quotes For Her
Remind her of the beauty you get to see every day and fill the space of your Valentine’s Day card with words that will touch her heart. These Valentine’s Day quotes will elevate your message to match all of your special gift ideas for her this Valentine’s Day. Be sure to include a sentimental Valentine’s Day card along with her special Valentine’s Day Gift to show her how much you love her.
- “In a world full of temporary things you are a perpetual feeling.” —Sanober Khan
- “Love is like the wind. You can’t see it, but you can feel it.” —A Walk to Remember
- “Love is too weak a word for what I feel for you. One life is too small a time to express how madly I am in love with you.” —Anonymous
- “You take my breath away. Always.” —Anonymous
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus a day so I never have to live without you.” —Anonymous
- “Come live in my heart, and pay no rent.” —Anonymous
- “You have no idea how fast my heart beats when I see you.” —Anonymous
- “Being someone’s first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect.” —Anonymous
- “I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.” —The Notebook
- “I kind of sort of maybe quite possibly like you a lot.” —Anonymous
- “Love isn’t finding the perfect person. It’s seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” —Sam Keen
- “Because, a girl like you is impossible to find.” —Anonymous
- “I love you not only for what you are but, for what I am when I’m with you.” —Roy Croft
- “Turns out I like you a lot more than I originally planned.” —Anonymous
- “I love you for all that you are, all that you have been and all that you are yet to be.” —Anonymous